Login Register

Ollie at double to hand Godolphin crucial victory

By Cornish Guardian  |  Posted: March 13, 2013

DOUBLE:  Godolphin's two-goal skipper Ollie Pinnell keeps a close check on Callington striker Andy Sargent.   by Chris Cox.

DOUBLE: Godolphin's two-goal skipper Ollie Pinnell keeps a close check on Callington striker Andy Sargent. by Chris Cox.

Comments (0)

SKIPPER Ollie Pinnell scored both of his side's goals as Division One West leaders Godolphin Atlantic saw off the challenge of Callington Town.

The win maintains Godolphin's 11-point lead at the top, with Cornwall Senior Cup finalists Helston Athletic, who were 2-1 winners at Wadebridge, their nearest challengers with three games in hand.

Pinnell gave his side a 20th minute lead when he forced home Ross Fallens' corner from close range.

Godolphin's lead lasted until the 55th minute when Andy Sargent fired home for Callington after good work by Ryan Lucassi and Dean Smith. But with 15 minutes remaining Godolphin regained the lead when, from another corner, he turned and fired home from six yards.

Carl Rickard scored all four of St Dennis' goals in Saturday's 4-2 win at Porthleven.

Goal-line clearances were made at either end before Porthleven took a 13th minute lead through Keegan McPhilbin.

The Saints were level within a couple of minutes when Rickard fired home after running on to a long ball.

Rickard scored his second after the break and had the better of Port goalkeeper Brian Scoffin again to claim his hat-trick.

Tom Annear pulled a goal back for Porthleven, but the day belonged to Rickard who completed a fine a individual performance with his fourth goal in the 88th minute.

Dobwalls enjoyed their second straight 4-0 win in the space of a week, with Truro City their latest victims at Treyew Road on Saturday.

Dan Lawrence scored Dobwalls' first goal, after Dan Sweet's header came back off the bar. With five minutes of the half remaining Josh Notman added a second goal for the visitors.

Lawrence claimed his second goal of the afternoon with an excellent effort into the top corner in the 70th minute.

Joe Knight made it 4-0 in the 85th minute after beating the offside trap and rounding the City goalkeeper.

Liam Dingle scored a hat-trick as Sticker ran out 3-0 winners at home to lowly Mousehole – despite ending the game with ten men.

They were made to work hard for the victory against a Seagulls' side that defended in numbers. However, the hosts were able to make the breakthrough after 20 minutes when Dingle found the net with a superb half volley from the edge of the area.

Sticker were then reduced to ten men when Matt Lloyd was sent off for retaliation.

However, it didn't prevent Sticker from doubling their lead when Dingle headed home Andrew Butler's corner.

And Dingle completed his hat-trick from the penalty spot after being brought down in the box.

Foxhole Stars were beaten 7-0 at Holsworthy.

Dominic Abbott, Ben Ferguson and Nick Aplin (penalty) put the hosts three up at the break. In the second half goals from Ian Rowe, Aplin (2) and Roger Bonaparte completed the rout.

Fixtures and tables, pages 102 and 103.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters