Login Register

Football: Duchy League round-up December 18

By Cornish Guardian  |  Posted: December 18, 2013

  • TINTAGEL AFC: who play in Duchy League division four. Back row, from left: Andrew Cook, Jamie Cowling, Adrian White, Dan Clarke, Shaun Wickett and Ryan Sturtridge. Front row: Jimmi Siford, Adam Price, Joey Oliver, Joe Gibson, Adam Wright (capt) and Martin Cockroft. Missing from photo: Kevin Jeskins, Ray Wilson, Shaun Keeble, Jamie Baines, Dave Littlejohns. by David Flower.

  • MORE FROM OLIVER: Oliie Young of Veryan is brilliantly tackled by Joey Oliver of Tintagel, to stop a dangerous attack in Saturday's division four match. by David Flower.

Comments (0)

Knockout Cup


KMD Development KO Cup holders Godolphin Atlantic are through to the quarter-finals in the defence of their crown after an impressive 5-3 win at North Petherwin.

Premier Division


Bottom of the Premier Division Biscovey fought back from two down to pick up a second point of the season in a 3-3 draw at St Columb Major.

Jamie Seery gave the hosts a 13th minute lead from a shot to the keepers left. Aaron Bicknell doubled the lead from close range to give Major a 2-0 half time lead.

Biscovey were back in the game after ex St Columb reserve team manager Daley McErlain pulled a goal back in the 67th minute and 11 minutes later Phil Giles levelled the game.

Seery restored the hosts' lead ten minutes from time with a cracking header, but Biscovey were not to be denied and Giles broke through five minutes from time to equalise.

Tom Ball went closest to giving a conclusive result, but his shot hit the bar.


Lamerton, with a squad of only 11, won 4-2 at Pelynt. Richard Searle, Blair Vanstone, James Steer and Simon Kelly scored for Lamerton with Anthony Harman and Billy Tedder-Hart replying for Pelynt.

The most disappointing aspect for the home team, apart from the result, was with the visitors without a linesman, Pelynt supplied a second official who received a lot of abuse from the visiting side throughout the first half and refused to continue after the break.

Pensilva beat St Stephen 4-3 to continue their title challenge. Kyle Willmott gave St Stephen a 15th minute lead when seeing the Pensilva keeper off his line he floated a thirty-five yard shot over his head.

Ross Dunn increased the lead in the 23rd minute capitalising on a defensive mistake. Within a minute Martin Putt pulled a goal back with a left foot screamer and again he used his "wrong" foot to equalise in the 33rd minute with a shot in off the post.

Dunn restored the visitors' lead with a good shot with the outside of his right foot four minutes after the restart before Jon Filbey equalised in the 55th minute after finding himself one-one with the keeper.

Sam Rogers got on the end of a fine run and cross from Jake Baker to put Pensilva ahead for the first time in the 76th minute as they ran out a difficult game to retain top spot.

Saltash United dropped a first point of the season in a good quality game despite the weather at St Newlyn East.

Both sides pushed for a winner, Saltash going closest with a shot cleared off the line in the final minute, but the game ended goalless.

Division One


With the other two joint leaders involved in the cup, Altarnun went to the top of Division One, but will be disappointed at only gaining a 1-1 draw at St Mawgan. Stuart Harris scored the home goal.

Conditions were the winners as Padstow United and St Dominick ended goalless in a match that was far from a classic.

It was a similar story at Lostwithiel with both the home team and Looe Town blown off course in another goalless game.

Division Two


AFC Bodmin keep in touch with the Division Two top three after a 2-1 win at Gerrans & St Mawes United. This game, played in horrendous conditions, saw play virtually restricted to one end throughout the 90 minutes.

Bodmin took the lead within 12 seconds from Jason Willis and added a second before half time from Arron Sturdy.

Gerrans had all the play in the second half but only had a Charlie Jones penalty to show for their efforts.

Foxhole stay at the top. They kicked into the wind at home to LC Phoenix in the first half and took a 28th minute lead through Shane Kibell. Sam Leaney stretched the lead ten minutes later.

The wind grew even stronger in the second half with the home side having it at their backs, but the ball spent long periods in the air and shots went wide as no further goals were scored.

Boscastle conceded a late equaliser as they drew their game with Gunnislake 2-2.

Henry Bright and Sam Haddy had put Boscastle 2-1 up and they missed a chance for a third to seal a win before the visitors' late stunning equaliser. Glen Tremblett and Ben Farrar scored for Gunnislake.

Division Three


North Hill go back to the top of Division Three after beating Lanreath 2-0 with goals from Chris Grose and James Bloomfield.

Lanivet Inn gave their departing manager, who is leaving to live in York, a good send-off with a 2-0 defeat of Queens Rangers. Darren Lang and Alex Cole were on target.

Stoke Climsland beat nine man Delabole United 8-2. The visitors were paying the penalty for their indiscipline two weeks ago having three players under suspension and one other didn't turn up.

The nine that did played with spirit with Jordan Blanchard and Sam Turner scoring their goals. Rob Cleveland scored a hat trick, Tom Savage and Alex Mortimore a brace a piece with Chris Crawford completing the home tally.

Division Four


Veryan maintained their 100 per cent record in Division Four with a lone goal win at Tintagel. This was the visitors' closest game of the season before Ollie Young struck to give them their win.

Wadebridge and Gorran shared six goals in atrocious conditions. Ladislav Andrashazi scored a brace with Rob Centini completing the home scoring. Peter Kirby, James Rogers and Dave Jones replied for Gorran.

Roche and Grampound reserves ended 1-1. Roche made a dominating start to the game and took an early lead when a good passing move ended with Shane Trudgeon curling a shot beyond the visiting keeper.

Grampound then gained a foothold in the match and had a couple chances saved by home keeper Antonio Leaney.

In first half injury time the visitors were awarded a penalty which Ryan Orchard calmly slotted home.

The second half saw both sides creating openings but neither side could snatch a winner.

Division Five


The weather was the real winner at St Merryn where the home team gained a closely fought win in a sporting Division Five game with Godolphin Atlantic reserves.

The game's only goal came through a Ryan Brown thunderbolt in the 20th minute.

St Minver reserves beat Royal Par 3-1. Connor Bridgway gave the hosts an early lead, but a floated cross was finished by Mark Nagle to equalise for Par before half time.

James Hall hit a great shot to restore the hosts lead in the second half with Ben Cleave heading the point sealer later on.

Boscastle reserves had a welcome 2-1 win at St Teath. Dean Favreau and Jordan Sleep were their scorers with Karl Elliott pulling one back for the hosts.

Tom Rockey scored a hat trick on his debut as Southgate Seniors thrashed St Newlyn East reserves 8-0. Tom Wyman also hit a hat trick with Dan Gregory claiming a brace.

Junior Cup


Millbrook were 2-1 winners at Grampound in the third round of the Junior Cup. This was an end-to-end tie played in good spirit.

Grampound took a tenth minute lead when Shane Weeks slipped the ball past the keeper, but Millbrook equalised within a few minutes when the home defence failed to make a clearance from a corner.

Millbrook were a neat passing side, but their winner came from a long ball. The final shot hit the bar and rebounded into the back of the Grampound keeper and back into the goal.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters