An elderly woman has been rescued from a broken deck chair by firefighters.
The lady in her 80s is believed to have been trapped for most of yesterday until she was discovered in her rear garden by a neighbour who came to water the plants at about 9pm.
Crew members from Polruan arrived on the scene at her Fore Street home shortly after.
“We don’t actually know how long she was there for but it was quite a long time,” said Polruan station manager Peter Ripley.
“It was one of those metal deck chairs with a canvas seat. The canvas had broken and she slipped right down in the seat and couldn’t move.
“It wasn’t until her neighbour came to water the garden that she was discovered. Paramedics came and she was taken to hospital as a precaution.
“She hurt her right leg, as her legs had been over the bar. She was in the sun all of the time too so she was dehydrated and quite brown.”
He added: “We don’t get a lot of these type of incidents but people who haven’t used their deck chairs for a while should be careful and check them before use, especially the elderly.”