Login Register

Football: East Cornwall Premier League premier division December 18

By Cornish Guardian  |  Posted: December 18, 2013

Comments (0)

Saltash Utd 2 St Teath 1

SALTASH took over from Torpoint at the top of the table, but left it late before getting the better of bottom club St Teath.

Stuart Fort, who worked hard in attack for the Ashes, was on target after a quarter of an hour and Saltash went close to increasing their lead before the interval, being denied a goal by a controversial offside decision.

St Teath deserved credit for a hard-working performance that was rewarded with an equaliser from Jamie Kay on the hour.

Saltash secured their win with a goal from Baylee Cooke in the third minute of stoppage time.

MoM: Stuart Fort (Saltash).

Callington Town 1 Wadebridge Town 1

WADEBRIDGE collected their first point in six matches with a hard earned draw away to a lively Callington side.

The visitors were forced to call up a combination of first and third team players because a number of their regulars were unavailable.

Meanwhile Callington had Jamie Blatchford, signed as goalkeeping cover, playing well to fill a vacancy at central defence.

Wadebridge took the lead when the impressive Nick Hurst created an opening for Matt Maloney in the 84th minute. Callington hit back six minutes later with a strike from Andre Rodikov to secure a well-deserved draw.

MoM: Nick Hurst (Wadebridge Town).

Kilkhampton 2 Launceston 2

LAUNCESTON'S non-stop efforts brought them a late equaliser at Kilkhampton to extend their unbeaten league record to 11 games.

Kilkhampton had the early advantage and took an interval lead midway through the first half when 16-year-old central midfielder George Lumley scored his first goal for the club.

The visitors equalised in the second half when Dave Hales attempted to clear a corner only to head into his own goal, but Kilkhampton regained the lead through Carlo Chandler and had their chances to have added a third.

Launceston were always a threat and were rewarded with a late equaliser from Josh Harris.

MoM: George Lumley (Kilkhampton).

Liskeard Athletic 4 Elburton Villa 3

LISKEARD had to work hard for a welcome win after allowing a 4-1 lead to slip away.

Alex Martin, who impressed in central midfield, gave Liskeard the lead with Jack Bowen scoring his first goal for the club to see the home side take a deserved 2-0 interval lead.

Jed Smale pulled one back for Elburton but Bowen restored Liskeard's two-goal advantage and Jack Ostle then weighed in with his first goal for the club.

But Liskeard were hit by dismissals for Spencer Wilson and skipper Richard Hill while Elburton pulled back goals from Steve Clarke and Nick Dale despite having Tyler Elliott sent off.

MoM: Alex Martin (Liskeard).

Millbrook 7 Morwenstow 1

MILLBROOK failed to make full use of their chances in the previous couple of games but found the finishing touch for a convincing home victory over Morwenstow.

They raced into a two-goal lead with a penalty from Craig Swiggs and a strike from Sean Evans, but Morwenstow hit back through Norman Foster.

Luke Bailey eased the Millbrook nerves with an important third goal before the interval and it was comfortable for the home side after the interval as they rounded off an impressive performance with a welcome win.

Hayden Baugh controlled central midfield and goals followed through Will Matthews, Dan Gage, Evans and Jordan Tippett.

MM: Hayden Baugh (Millbrook).

Polperro 1 Plymouth Parkway 4

POLPERRO'S eight-match winning run was ended by championship chasing Plymouth Parkway, who wrapped up victory with a couple of second half goals from Jordan Greatrix after a fairly even first half.

Chris Curran and Scott Blatchford gave the visitors a 2-0 lead in the opening 20 minutes but Polperro hit back with the goal of the game from Dale Hooper on the half hour.

Polperro had the advantage of the wind behind them in the second half, but were unable to find the finishing touch while Greatrix scored twice to round off an impressive display in the Parkway attack.

MoM: Jordan Greatrix (Parkway).

The match between Tavistock and St Dominick was postponed because the Langsford Park pitch was not playable.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters